Recent diary in pictures

I recently got a cameraphone so here are some pictures of it. Picture/ text alignment seems to be a bit wonky on blogger though so sorry about that.

This is tonight, the street near my house. Nice sunset.


Here's a bowl of marbles. Does what it says on the tin really. I got them when I went to Ely the other day. I like keeping stuff in bowls. I bought them because when I saw them I remembered how frightened I was of marbles when I was a child. Spooky shit.


This is a windfarm I saw the other day. They've been gradually springing up around the place. I love them, I find them very calming. They always remind me of the film Volver, when Penelope Cruz is driving through a desert landscape and her character says "Oros de plastica de muy ben calidad", which means "plastic rings of very good quality". She's talking about jewellery in the film, but I think Almodovar is making a comment about wind turbines. I think that the British government is basically going with a mix of wind and nucleur to replace fossil fuels. I think I'd rather they went with wind and reduction of energy use, but I'm just happy to see wind getting used.


I took this picture early evening near my house. You can keep cows on the common land. I don't have a cow to keep there though.


This is martini 3 of 6, a few weeks ago at my friend's house. I think the evening was Mad Men inspired but I'm not too sure. I was a bit worried that I might die for a few days after. It's an unreasonably large quantity of neat alcohol to drink.
This is a scarf that I made. The stitch is called Moss stitch, it's my favourite stitch. I want to make a jumper out of it. Sexy wool too.

Comments

Popular Posts