Things I hate (an occasional series)

People who tell really long stories that never really go anywhere.  Yes, my boss, I'm looking at you.  Plus, the washing machine got fixed, then today I put a wash in, and another bit broke.  Hopefully I'll just be able to buy the bit and get it sorted.  But even so, saga.

I love this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ic5vxw3eijY

It reminds me of when I used to work on the coffee stands at the station and I would finish work at 9pm and walk home listening to the radio through my phone.  This song was on all the time for a while.  I really hated that job so much.  I used to take fairly major amounts of money over the space of an 8-hour shift, which is pretty serious considering that each cup of coffee only costs about £2.  Funnily enough although I was so unhappy in some ways, it was the beginning of things getting better for me, because it was the first time that I really had self-respect for myself and my job, as in it was up to me whether I sank or swam.  And I had to work pretty hard to swim.  I guess that's it.  That job was the first time in my life that I can honestly say I couldn't have worked any harder.

Comments

Popular Posts