London





I went to London this week. Went to the Tate Modern and saw Tacita Dean's installation in the turbine hall, which I really liked. I might try and get back and see it again, it's definitely a grower. I also went to the Occupy thing outside St Pauls. The talk I was hoping to see had been cancelled but I didn't find that out until I was wedged in a corner in the middle of another meeting which seemed to be largely about the practicalities of the camp. I felt a bit out of place but it was my first experience of people using hand signals (consensus based decision making?) to conduct a meeting which was interesting. I'm not sure I felt that they add much. I don't know. Anyway a learning experience if nothing else.

Something that was really interesting is that for the first time since I left London in 2004, I didn't feel like I was going home when I was there. Before I've always felt alive, like I can breathe, the moment I get off the train but I didn't feel that this time. Whether London has changed or whether I have changed I don't know. I'm really glad to be honest, because my life and many of my family and friends are in Cambridge but in the past I've sometimes felt I could never be happy here. I don't necessarily feel like that's the case after Tuesday.

Comments

Popular Posts