Hi

Just a Wednesday check in. I wish it was Tuesday so I could say Tuesday check in but it's not. I'm ok. I'm doing a masters degree which I can't quite believe. It's over 2 years. It's a lot of work already and we're only on the first week. Work remains hard. 

Anyway, back to what's important in life, art and crafts. I've done some candle making and I'm going to make all my workmates candles for christmas. I have learned to fillet a fish, which I'm very pleased about. There's nothing quite like it. I made soused mackerel. Google soused mackerel Great British Chefs for the recipe. Honestly. It was amazing. I can't think of any other new developments. I have booked to do a Batik course in November. Whether that will go ahead I'm not sure. I also doubt the wisdom of taking 3 days out right before my first assignment. And last but not least it's just occurred to me that Batik might be judged as cultural appropriation. If there's not one problem there's another. 

I'm still knitting. I like to spend my evenings at work knitting when my boss goes home. I have ended up working in mental healthcare. I can't get enough of it. I am also trying to learn to sew, but that's on the backburner a little bit at the moment.

Until later. Be safe X

Comments

Popular Posts