It's over

Thank goodness.  The endurance race that is christmas is finished.  I love this article:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2010/dec/24/christmas-family-apron-strings

I feel like it's giving me permission to spend christmas alone (barring some family events which look possible) next year. 

I realised this year that I don't mind christmas, but I find the focus on food really hard.  In my family at least, you pretty much eat from the moment you wake up till the moment you go to bed, and I find that really hard to deal with.  Still, as a friend of mine said to me, some people have really terrible christmases, and I definitely didn't have one of them.  We didn't make it out for a walk though, which I was a bit disappointed in.  But it's finished.  I'm working New Year, so that'll be no stress either.

Comments

Popular Posts