Smoking

I really am giving up smoking this time. My mum smoked in the very early part of her pregnancy with me, and I had asthma related to hayfever as a child, so my lungs have never been in the best possible shape. I've always struggled with things like running, and I wonder whether that's why. Although I've always had a perception that I smoke very little I think the reality might be a little different, especially taking into account when I used to smoke quite a lot of marijuana. The final straw was looking at smoking and health in my course and admitting that I am damaging my lungs when I smoke, and that I've probably already damaged them more than it bears thinking about.

I'm keeping my last pack, which there's about 13 in, so that if I do get the urge to smoke I will feel like I can have one, rather than getting increasingly desperate and making a 3am trip to the garage. We did a guided meditation in one of my yoga classes to do with breathing, which helped me to visualise the fact that when I smoke I'm taking all the nasty chemicals into my lungs, and the rest of my body.

I won't bang on about it too much more because I know it's boring. Sigh. Is there anything fun and naughty that's not bad for you?

Comments

Popular Posts