Hoarding revisited

Still feeling like I own a lot of stuff. I once met an American girl who told me two things. She said, "when you have too much stuff, you stop owning your stuff and your stuff starts owning you". She also said, "if you couldn't go away travelling tomorrow because of your belongings, you have too much stuff". Yeahhhhhh. I could probably go away tomorrow but I'd spend the rest of today taking trips to the charity shops.

Ongoing stresses related to my new status as a lodger rather than a tenant. On the one hand, it's nice to be in a nice house on the other hand, it's stressful. I keep going out because my landlady is trying to work, or having people round. Which is fine, but at the end of the day, I pay rent and I want a home. Teething problems, hopefully. I'll give it a year. And if she reads this, "Hi!". And, "empty the dishwasher :-)".

Comments

Popular Posts