Choo choo

Went out for a couple (ok 3 and a shot) of drinks with an ex who I've been thinking about recently.  I saw a mutual acquaintance this afternoon and texted him (keeping up at the back? :-)).  It was good to be back in a proper community pub five doors down from my old house.  As I left I could hear a train coming into the station near there.  The whole area is basically a railway district, built to house railway workers at the turn of the century.  The pubs called The Empress, after Queen Victoria.  There used to be another pub called the Jubilee, but it got knocked down and it was always empty anyway.  I got halloumi kebab on the way home.  Cycling down the main road of that district I felt at home, although now I live on the other side of town and only lived there for about 3 years.  With a good bike and some moderate fitness, the world is your oyster :-)

Comments

Popular Posts