Friday night

It's Friday night and I'm making saag aloo. I've discovered Instagram, as you can see, but most other things remain the same. I'm still living near the river, I'm getting slowly better at knitting and I still swim. I'm getting better at making sag aloo, which I am thankful for. I'm working full-time, cycling to work every day and battling through the hours like most people. I turned 40 last year and climbed Snowdonia to celebrate it. It was very hard and there were a lot of people at the top. I wouldn't do it again. I also went to Dundee and Berlin. I haven't really been writing any poems. Funny to think that once it was such a big part of my life. Well, not a big part but a significant part. I don't know if I mentioned that I live near somewhere else I used to live. I made paella there. It was on this blog. I go past the house sometimes. At the moment someone is doing it up. I think it's the landlords. Just recently I've started to get creative again in a big way. I made yoghurt. My house is housing association shared ownership. For a while I was angry it was so small and now I've started to worry we'll get flooded. There's a storm due on Sunday. Those are the headlines.

Comments

Popular Posts