Saturday night

I'm listening to the Dave Chang podcast, drinking instant macha latte and knitting a pair of fingerless gloves without a pattern. It's hard knitting without a pattern. One is shorter than the other but I guess that'll help me to know which is which. They're the first gloves I've ever knitted so I should go a bit easy on myself.

I had a good day. I refilled my bathroom cleaner at the wholefoods co-op and took back some egg cartons and a milk bottle to another shop. I'm getting into refills. I bought some hot sauce for my mum's birthday while I was there. She loves hot sauce so it's a pretty easy present. I'll make her some socks too. I also went across town and checked out a charity shop. I got a California Republic mug, kind of fugly retro. Apparently "The California Republic (Spanish: República de California) was an unrecognized breakaway state that for 25 days in 1846 militarily controlled an area north of San Francisco, in and around what is now Sonoma County in California" (Wiki). I also bought the ingredients for fried rice from the Korean shop (I love that shop so much) and a couple of mugs from the antique shop. One is the green one in the picture. Perfect for macha latte. Who knew? Too much spending. I do know that.

I want to go and check out this community allotment tomorrow but it's weather dependent. Apparently we're having 70mph winds tomorrow. I have a feeling it's not a great idea to cycle in that if you don't need to, much less hang out on an allotment. I really don't know what 70mph feels like.

Mainly watching: Sherlock. A colleague recommended it to me. It has 4 series. Knitting fodder.

Comments

Popular Posts