Fish curry and a poem

Mmmmm. I'm making fish curry (it's simmering now). I saw it on a Rick Stein programme where he went to Penang and made fish head curry. I didn't have the guts (no pun intended) to use heads, but hopefully it will still be nice. I used a meat cleaver type thing that my dad gave me because he didn't want it any more. I love it. I'm going to use it for everything now. I feel like a skillful asian lady when I cook with it, when in actual fact I'm English and a bit clumsy.

Anyway I wrote a poem in my head while I was cooking. It's inspired by a moment outside the shop that I had to go to to get okra, coconut and curry leaves. They had closed the road to retarmac it and it was so peaceful, somehow the people had all stayed indoors as well as the cars not being there. Wierd. Anyway here it is:

beautiful

Evening in summer.
Just someone crossing the road
over the road that has just been painted
lifting up their feet not to tread on the paint.

It's a bit crap though, and it's also nearly a total copy of another poem that I can't remember at the moment.

eta: the poem is actually based on the ending to some dodgy romcom, I can't remember which one. You know the kind of thing. Standing in the rain looking at each other. Nice. The fish curry was good though.

Comments

Popular Posts