Tiiiiiiired

God I am tired.  My friend had to get up at 4.45 to leave for the airport this morning and I didn't go back to bed.  Expect a blog post peppered with spelling mistakes.  It was lovely to see her yesterday though.  The stew was good, it was my first time cooking with pearl barley so I think I'll have another go and try and get it exactly right.

I hung out with another friend today, we just did some gardening and tried to have a fire, although we failed as we didn't have any paper and couldn't get it started.  Now I'm having a monster pickling session, making green tomato chutney and pickled beetroot.  I've nearly finished the beetroot.  I hope I have enough vinegar.  Massive saga today. We went to the cash and carry to get vinegar, but after I bought it I realised it had sulphides in, and I really try and avoid them.  So later I was off to ASDA to get some more, which after all wasn't any more expensive.

Vinegar fumes plus tiredness are exhausting me.  I'll take some pictures of the pickles tomorrow when they're finished.

Comments

  1. Eating non sulphite dried apricot as I read.
    And licquorice allsorts.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts