Uber-stress

Uber-stressful day today.  First off, I go downstairs for my breakfast to find my mother screwing because the builder who is supposed to come and do a quote hasn't turned up yet and she's going to be late for work.  I must be a bad person or something, because I was just eating my yoghurt and drinking my coffee and thinking to myself that in my experience of builders, there's no way you ask one to be at your house at 8am and expect to be at work at 9.  It's more like, I'll be in by lunch, right?  Anyway, he does turn up finally, so I leave them to it and head off out.  I had nearly got to work when I feel the back tyre on my bike going "flump flump".  Anyone who has ever ridden a bike knows exactly what that means.  Yes, that's right, a f***ing puncture a week and a half before I buy the new bike that I was going to buy anyway.  So then there was a whole day of work and now I'm back at home with my bike still locked up near work and my whole day off tomorrow, which I'd planned to spend doing some much needed chilling out, to be spent fetching my heap-of-shit bike and getting it fixed.  Stressssssssss.  And breathe.

Comments

Popular Posts