New years resolutions update

So, we're a week into the New Year, the hangover and associated mental instability is finally worn off, so I guess now is as good a time as any to assess how it's going.

Eating healthily and exercising more:  I need to put a bit more effort into this one.  I'm doing ok, there's just a bit of an excess of mayonnaise and lack of exercise in my life.  I really need to get to the swimming pool.

Not drinking sugary drinks:  This is going really well.  I'm doing well at keeping the coffee intake down and I'm just not buying juice.  Go me.

Moving out of my mum's house:  I've started to look, hardcore.  I'm working out what I can afford, and where I can afford it.  I'm looking at the moment but it does tend to be June and July when it's a real buyer's market, when all the students leave town and their lovely big rooms become free.

Only buying clothes from charity shops:  This is going really well.  No purchases from non-charity shops so far, although to be fair I never really did this anyway.  Seems like all the resolution has done is increased the amount I buy in charity shops.  Not sure that was quite the intended result.

Cutting down on internet:  Seems ironic to be blogging about this.  But anyway.  It's going well generally.  I was bored the other day for the first time in ages.  Everyone seems to be at it too.  My sister and another friend are quitting facebook for January, and here's an article about a lady who took her whole family off-line:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2011/jan/01/technology-ban-kids-home-experiment

Anyway that's it.  I'll leave you with a little bit of Jose Feliciano:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOoSzbwZEOg

Comments

Popular Posts