Sadness

We tend to think about sadness as a bad emotion, something undesirable or something that hurts. As someone who is diagnosed with a mood disorder I have a different take on it. It's not sadness I mind but the other stuff that sometimes goes along with it, agitation or whatever, bad thoughts, that kind of thing. I've reduced one of my drugs and whether it's that or whether it's just this time of year which I love but which does precede winter which is definitely a sad time of year for me, again not in a bad way, I've been feeling the tinges of sadness round the edges again for the first time in a long time. Streets in the rain or an empty evening after work, doing the washing up and looking out of the window. I love feeling sad, as long as it's to a manageable degree, and I'm glad those feelings are here again. I think I'd given up hope of ever feeling like that again.

Cheesy song from a time when I was feeling really sad. Me and my mum went out for the day to a nearby town, and I was feeling almost unbearably down, like, every minute was an effort. I bought this single and listened to it loads.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrXB31Znxpk&ob=av2e

Comments

Popular Posts