Reading

When I was younger I used to read all the time. I was a fast reader and I loved reading. I almost always had a book on the go. After I had my mental health problems, I could hardly read the back of a cereal packet. I've spoken to quite a few people and they have told me they experience something similar. I think your concentration gets a bit shot. Anyway a couple of years ago I decided to try and fix this by just reading whatever I could, without worrying about the quality. I read quite a lot of chick-lit before I could tackle anything more highbrow. I'm pleased to say that my reading skills, while not quite back to where they were, are pretty good. I'm reading an Ian Rankin detective novel at the moment. It's ok. My trick is to only try and read things I really want to read, not what I think I ought to read.

Comments

Popular Posts