Poems

Four hours at the pool with no book and only a phone to write poetry on proved quite productive the other day.


Helter skelter

You were always there in the corner of my mind
as I worked late nights serving coffee to brain dead commuters
There are more of them than you might think.

Seeing you get on a London train one night as I was leaving
floor mopped and radio off
bin bags out and lock wrestled with
and there you were on the platform
giving nothing away.

I'll never know if you even knew my name
but that must be four years ago now
and you know the past is a foreign country
and we did things differently there.


Molly Naylor clearly having an effect on me.


Hospital

Blue lino and white light
ward round and washing machines
short cycle she said
can you dance how old are you and are you married

Your room or the art room.
In between the shouting we got on ok
every day someone asked do you want to do relaxation
and I'd say no although god knows I could have done with it

but you know why I asked to go home so often
I think it was because I liked it there.

I think I was afraid otherwise I wouldn't be able to leave.


Needs a rewrite.

Comments

Popular Posts