Fly too high

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsgJB5JHCv8

Everything is going well. I have been trying to be religiously in bed by 9pm. It's helping.

This morning in class (I have started doing voluntary teaching English on Saturday mornings) we were looking at an interview in the paper. One of the questions was, "what's you earliest memory?" Later I got them to ask each other the questions, and a Polish girl said her earliest memory was of Chenobyl, and having to drink a drink to protect her against the radiation. It made me stop and think.

Earlier someone asked me what "sperm" meant, in the context of "sperm whale". I told her it was a kind of fish, and wouldn't enter into discussion. Bad teacher.

The interview is here in case you're interested/ are an English teacher. It was a really good activity. They seemed to enjoy it, and it was good practice for questions, which the whole group really seem to struggle with, possibly because most of them have learned most of their English along the way, rather than formally.

Later on I worked in the pub. It was a busy shift. Mushroom risotto, a bath and Hanna on dvd tonight. Good stuff.

Comments

Popular Posts