Music

Went to a gig last night. Saw King Creosote and Jon Hopkins and a bloke called Withered Hand. They were good. King Creosote made a joke about seeing two white blokes with dreadlocks at the Holiday Inn Express. I think that might be my problem with Cambridge, too many white people with dreadlocks. Or rather, too many dreadlocks and not enough dread action. Bristol must be full of the fuckers but at least they managed to pull together some decent rioting last year. We need a decent venue, some bullshit free local politics and an avalanche of marijuana. Seriously. I want a St Bernards dog digging me out of the stuff.

Yeah, tangent. They were good, anyway. Some nice glitch action at one point. It was seated though, which was a bit disappointing. I like to be able to stand up, move around a bit, when I'm watching music. But I'm not complaining.

Also, looking on the Guardian website to listen to the Diamond Mine Album I find out that Paul McCartney has a new album called Kisses on the bottom. You couldn't make it up.

Music column not to become a regular feature :-)

Comments

Popular Posts