I want whiskey.

It's now been 52 (count 'em) days since I had a drink and in many ways things are going well. I'm almost one fifth towards a year, which is my main goal and apart from alcohol in food, haven't touched a drop. There's only one problem with this not drinking alcohol which is of course, that I'm not drinking alcohol. Don't get me wrong, most of the time I don't notice it and it doesn't affect me. I'm sitting here with a lovely glass of elderflower cordial and I have much more money than previously, look great - if I do say so myself - and am holding down a job. But work is pretty hardcore minimum wage drudgery, especially at the moment, and at times I have cravings for a drink which are almost physical, totally primal. So in a sort of satisfy by proxy nature, and also so I don't forget for next January, here's my list (in no particular order) of drinks which I could murder at the moment.

A pint of really good real ale.
A small glass of shiraz.
A gin martini.
A very large glass of scotch, maybe Talisker or Oban or something like that, no ice.
A large glass of Chardonnay with a meal.

Christ that list makes me look like a pisshead. But I feel better just for typing it. Roll on January.

Comments

Popular Posts